**Update** All spots have been filled. My thanks to everyone who participated. The book has come together better than I could have even hoped! It's going to be great!
Though it may be hard to believe, I’ve already begun pre-planning on this summer’s art/sketchbook. And I’ve decided to continue last year’s fairy tale theme with Never After 2.
But how the book comes together is going to be largely up to you!
Here’s how it works:
- I’m offering 15 spots.
- You will decide the character. Together we will craft a scenario or backstory. If you have last year’s book, you should have a pretty good idea of what I’m talking about. The general idea is taking a classic fantasy or fairy tale character and giving it a spin or asking “What happens next?” Each ‘pin-up’ should tell a story about the character. For example – Ariel as Queen of Atlantica or Alice becoming the Mad Hatter. And just like last time, I will write a mini-bio for each character to be included at the back of the book.
- At the end of this post you will find my current short list of potential character ideas. But don’t feel limited by these. If you have something else in mind that fits the theme, just let me know. Also, characters used last time are not necessarily off limits. If you want to see what happens next to someone like Snow White or Dorothy or any of the others, I am certainly open to “sequel” pin-ups.
- In addition, you will receive the original black and white artwork for your chosen character (11 x 17) and a complimentary copy of the completed book, complete with an original head sketch of the character on the inside front cover.
- Cost for each spot is $175. You are welcome to purchase more than one spot.
- I will entertain ideas that call for more than one character in a piece (if it makes sense), but there will be an additional cost.
- If you want in, just email me using the link on the right. Put “Never After 2” in the headline. Let me know your top character choices, in order of preference. It will be first come, first served. If someone in line ahead of you chooses your first choice, you will get your second choice, etc. Once I’ve confirmed your character with you, you will receive an invoice. Spots are not secure until payment is received.
Estimated shipping time is June/July.
Potential Character List:
Queen of Hearts taken
Tiger Lily (Indian girl from Peter Pan) taken
Sleeping Beauty taken
Genie from Aladdin (female version) taken
Red Riding Hood taken
Rose Red taken
Snow White (The White Witch)
Malady (daughter of Maleficent) taken
Pia (bride of Pinocchio)
Alice (the Red Hatter) taken