At least once a year I try to do an open commission call, and here it is for 2010. Ordering forms with all the options are located in the sidebar. Please read the following in-full before placing your order.
- I am doing 2 sizes, 9x12 and 11x17.
- Just like last Christmas, I will be offering the convention price discount on 9x12 ($40 instead of $80).
- 11x17 will be regular price.
- 9x12 are limited to 1 character only. Options for 11x17 go up to 3 characters. If you have a piece in mind that requires more characters, please email me for prices.
- Subject of commission can be characters from almost any medium (comic, tv, film, book, etc). Portraits of significant others are acceptable too.
- If you have reference photos or links, or need to discuss details of your request further, please send that to me in a separate email.
- I reserve the right to deny any request I find inapporpriate. If in doubt or have questions, please ask.
- Backgrounds: Sometimes I do them, sometimes I don't. Just depends on what I feel the piece needs. Please specify if you do want a specific background. I generally don't charge extra unless it's something elaborate.
- Commissions are intended for personal use only. If you are a company wanting a logo or a t-shirt design or are a creator wanting a cover for your book, this is not intended for you. Please contact me separately if that is the case. If any personal commission shows up on a product and I find out about it, I will hunt you down and destroy you.
- Conversely, I will often reproduce commissions in my sketchbooks sold here and at conventions. If you don't want that and prefer to keep your commission private, please let me know. Portraits will always be kept private by default unless you expressly authorize their reproduction.
- If ordering color, please indicate in the notes or in an email whether you'd prefer marker or digital. Marker is colored directly onto the artwork, digital will be send to you in a hi-res file suitable for printing *for personal use only* (and you still receive the original black and white artwork). There is no difference in cost. If you do not indicate either one, I will choose at my discretion.
- Please allow 4-5 weeks for completion. Feel free to email anytime to check on progress or your place in line.
- You are free to order as many pieces as you like. However, I am only accepting a limited number of spots. I plan to work from September through the month of October, but spots could fill up well before then. I will try to give a few days advance warning before orders are cut off.
- Shipping is $10. International customers, please submit an additional $5 to cover extra costs to your country.
- If you have any other questions at all, please ask!